Date: 23rd May 2017
To work within a multi-discipline technical team to design, qualify and commercialise a range of downhole completion technologies. As a member of a small group of specialists the primary focus is the mechanical component of new and developing systems. However, flexibility and initiative are also key elements of the role. The Designer will use their expertise to develop and adapt the existing portfolio of products and assist in the creation of new concepts to meet customer requirements. The Designer will be required to assist in the preparation of detail and assembly drawings as the business requires and under supervision assist in the scheduling of resources. The Designer will be required to provide ad-hoc manufacturing and operational support including occasional international assignments and supervise the prototype testing of assigned projects.
- Provide innovative & unique solutions to Tendeka technical challenges
- Complete feasibility studies on conceptual solutions
- Creation of detailed manufacture/assembly drawings and performance calculation packages
- Control of Product Data Maintenance (PDM) information
- Preparation of design packages for performance of design review.
- Preparation of test procedures, reports & assistance to workshop personnel as required
- Provide support to other areas of the business in relation to technical matters
- An HND or similar type qualification in a technical subject or equivalent.
- Substantial relevant technical industry experience.
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Experience in the design & testing of downhole completion products.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate through experience a good understanding of general engineering principles and their application
- Knowledge of downhole hydraulics
- Experience of 3D modelling software (Solidworks preferred)
- Demonstrate an ability to logically and methodically work through challenges to develop the best possible outcome
- Experience of building and testing prototype downhole tools
- Experience in working within an operator driven R&D environment
- Oilfield experience in hands on applications
- Knowledge of parametric modeling techniques
- Is familiar with current draughting standards
- Previous onshore / offshore operational experience an advantage
How to apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.